Friday, April 8, 2011

The Return of 4eva

If you don't know what I'm referring to by reading the title, then you need to get familiar.  Big K.R.I.T. is one of my favorite, if not my favorite new artist to hit the scene in the last couple of years.  Krit's "Return of 4eva" is a smooth continuation of last year's "K.R.I.T. Wuz Here."  He's the well-rounded player;  He raps, writes, produces, engineers, mixes, and everything else it takes to compose a track.  I personally like his versatility.  He can go from talkin about the pimps and hoes to the conflict of the black youth and society.  I prefer when he talks about things of substance, because it better suits his soulful production.  I don't have a old school vert, but it feels like I have the top down when I ride to this.  The mixtape is a full disc length and has a few featured artists on there, including Bun B and Ludacris.  In my opinion, the most notable feature on the mixtape is Chamillionaire on Time Machine.  Cham kept it 100 on the track while effortlessly ridin the beat.  It is a quick reminder of his talent behind a mic.  Other notable tracks on the mixtape are Highs and Lows (my favorite), American Rap Star, King's Blues, and The Vent.  Honestly the whole thing is great.  Take the time to listen if you miss country rap tunes from previous decades.  Thank you Krit for bringing us back to the essence of southern hip-hop.































Krit's video for the record, "Dreamin."

No comments:

Post a Comment